Water dripping constantly through tundish in airing cupboard

Sponsored Links
Lol. Meant to say call A plumber tomorrow. Usually only need a plumber for the yearly boiler service.

No! Call a G3 Engineer! Who is qualified to diagnose and work on 'unvented' systems - they can be as/if not more dangerous than working on Gas!
I'm a G3 qualified plumber....:)
Why is it that plumbers are looked down upon on this site???....a good plumber will pizz all over a heating engineer , same applies to a jumped up registered gas man......especially the type that wear the gestapo uniform..:censored:

That guage is showing you the pressure of your primary water system or in laymans terms the water that is inside your radiators, it is actually a little bit low and there will be a filling loop that you can open to top it up , should be about 1.5 Bar when cold, the red indicator is just a pointer to advise you that the water pressure is getting low, as already advised this set up has nothing whatsoever to do with the water that is passing into the tundish, without seeming rude you do not really seem to grasp the concept of the system you have and would be well advised to have a G3 qualified engineer have a look at it for you

You're not being rude at all. You're spot on. I have a basic understanding of the system but wish I knew more - especially when problems occur.

Will call the plumber tomorrow.
When you call around looking for someone to attend make sure you tell them that you have an unvented hot water cylinder, this is what the G3 refers to that keeps getting mentioned your engineer will need this qualification in order to sort out your problem, if you are struggling to find someone call the manufacturer of your cylinder and ask if they can attend or recommend someone that covers your post code, if the problem is what I think it is its a very easy fix but not something for the untrained to be messing around with

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Why is it that plumbers are looked down upon on this site???....a good plumber will pizz all over a heating engineer

There are people who are both a good plumber and a good heating engineer who can understand what the customer needs, suggest the appropriate system and then install it in a safe and efficient manner. The two roles are different but complimentary to each other and both are necessary if the customer is to get a system that suits his or her requirements

Too many plumbers who also claim to be heating engineers will install only their favourite boiler and system irrespective of what the customer actually needs. These are the plumbers that create a bad reputation for plumbers and genuine heating engineers.

I spoke to my plumber/heating engineer. Top bloke. He suggested trying to reset/replenish the air gap first - said I'd need to find out how to do this but it might resolve the problem.
Failing that he was happy to have a look. He is G3 qualified also.

Last edited:
Your unvented cylinder does not have an air gap so "top bloke" ? it has an expansion vessel that really needs a g3 to look at it.

I have read lots of posts on tHis but none seem to offer a step by step for replenishing an air gap in a sealed system, with an additional expansion tank.....can anyone help please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back