Water dripping from Glowworm Betacom 28A combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have a Glowworm Betacom 28A combi boiler. It was fitted about ten years ago and I've never had any issues.

However, over the past few months, I am getting water dripping from one of the "junctions" underneath (see pics).

I left it, thinking the fur build-up might stop the leak, but it's getting worse if anything.

What should I do? Is it just a case of nipping up the nut with a wrench, or is it a plumber job?

Thank you!

PS I assume it's the top nut that's the issue.

Attachments

• 20230511_162523_resized.jpg
    20230511_162523_resized.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230511_162532_resized.jpg
    20230511_162532_resized.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230511_162541_resized.jpg
    20230511_162541_resized.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
Turn off the mains cold water and drain hot taps. Undo the nut ,some water will leak out be ready to contain it. Clean it all up and fit a new washer.
If that's outside your skill set ,call a plumber.

Turn off the mains cold water and drain hot taps. Undo the nut ,some water will leak out be ready to contain it. Clean it all up and fit a new washer.
If that's outside your skill set ,call a plumber.

Thank you so much! That all sounds pretty straight forward. Any idea what kind of washer I'll need?

Also, will I need to undo both nuts, or just the top one?

Undoing both nuts will allow the fitting to be removed ,and easier to clean. The washer is likely to be a fibre 1/ 2 inch.
Take the existing one to a plumbers merchant to match.

Sponsored Links
Undoing both nuts will allow the fitting to be removed ,and easier to clean. The washer is likely to be a fibre 1/ 2 inch.
Take the existing one to a plumbers merchant to match.

Great stuff. Just one final question: will I need to turn off the electric to the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back