Water dripping out of soffit

The water is running off the edge of the lead valley under the tiles into the soffit and back of fascia.

Needs a bigger turn up.

There's a clue in what the visiting roofer said (not very well supported) Bigger turn up and something to stop the sag from happening again. two hours max

Sponsored Links
How does that explain the vegetation in the soffit vents and the paint blown from the soffit and back of fascia - both of which are typically water related?
So the sag in the lead is causing the water to run in to the box section and out of the soffit vents instead of the gutter.

The water is running off the edge of the lead valley under the tiles into the soffit and back of fascia.

Needs a bigger turn up.

There's a clue in what the visiting roofer said (not very well supported) Bigger turn up and something to stop the sag from happening again. two hours max
So do you think not all the tiles need to come off the domer and new lead? Just maybe redressing of the lead with a bit more support under the lead would do? Although he did mention that the lead was thin and grade 4 lead would be used. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
A small hole on both sides? Bad luck

If he's suggesting code 4 then if it's thinner it's going to be code 3.
Thinner still is available but not to the average roofer.

Up to you what you do but as I said firstly it's the bottom detailing .

A small hole on both sides? Bad luck

If he's suggesting code 4 then if it's thinner it's going to be code 3.
Thinner still is available but not to the average roofer.

Up to you what you do but as I said firstly it's the bottom detailing .
Probably not a hole both sides but more likely not well supported allowing it to drain in to the soffit. He had just done a similar job for the same issue down the same road. All the houses were built at the same time by the same builder so guess they probably have the same issues. Just bad timing as we only moved in 5 weeks ago. Not looking to move for the next 20 odd years so would like to get it done properly. Not used the roofer before but he comes highly recommended. Think i will probably have to just go for it but will speak to him tomorrow.

It seems like a lot of work, if it is the problem.

Normally the lead can just be bent up to divert water flow and it will stay like it forever. Or slide a new piece under at the eaves.

It seems like a lot of work, if it is the problem.

Normally the lead can just be bent up to divert water flow and it will stay like it forever. Or slide a new piece under at the eaves.
Yes I was thinking the same, but from his description the lead is thin and so it would just deform again and that it wouldn't last. I'm waiting for a call back to discuss other options.

Thanks for the pictures, I see your using the fibreglass valleys there, one guy did want to change them all for them, but you can't get my tiles anymore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back