Water fed underfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What options are there for running ufh for a single small bathroom using my Worcester cdi29?

It runs ch and hot water so Is this thought a bad idea?

Just want to warm the floor in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Plenty, you can use a manifold from your heating system to warm the floor, simple as that.Flow and return from boiler passes through your underfloor heating much same as radiator,I do remember a pump before manifold being added and laying flooring with preconstructed channels to lay pipes.

Thanks for replying,
All the systems I see look over complicated for my small 6ft by 6ft active floor space, is adding a manifold to run pipes from the only way?

For that space you're not going to get much sensible heat for the room fron wet ufh. so if it is purely for warm toes just bung a decent electric system in.

Sponsored Links
so if it is purely for warm toes just bung a decent electric system in

Which will cost a fortune,you can install a small setup from your boiler,numpty`s who suggest going electric have never fitted underfloor heating. ;)

any suggestions Chantelle, I cannot go down the electric route for a few (old wiring, rewiring cost, etc) reasons so as boiler is new and bathroom is a blank canvas at the moment I thought maybe a small under floor wet system may work for me.

I put a bathroom on UFH with no manifold, just one pipe under a wooden floor..also a towel rail in the room. it works a treat...BUT it is on a weather compensated system..so "on" 24/7

with rads it night be a useless exercise though... because of the thermal resistivity of wood..

any suggestions Chantelle, I cannot go down the electric route for a few (old wiring, rewiring cost, etc) reasons so as boiler is new and bathroom is a blank canvas at the moment I thought maybe a small under floor wet system may work for me.

Yes, you take a flow and return from your boiler to a small manifold to your bathroom,been a long time since i have done one but you have to lay a channelled floor in your bathroom which you can lay yourself,so easy,lookup wet underfloor heating.

cheaper & easier with a small bathroom ?? to go for one of those electric set up's , just roll out the mat than tile ;)

cheaper & easier with a small bathroom ?? to go for one of those electric set up's , just roll out the mat than tile ;)

And turn on your kettle for the amount of time you are in bathroom, ten fold, cos that is how much it will cost you, don`t listen to muppets who have never fitted/experienced underfloor, go from your boiler,it is as cheap as putting your radiator on..

And turn on your kettle for the amount of time you are in bathroom, ten fold, cos that is how much it will cost you, don`t listen to muppets who have never fitted/experienced underfloor, go from your boiler,it is as cheap as putting your radiator on..

Well there is no need for that is there "Muppet" ?? :)

She may well be a he , I am making enquiries , could be a Russian bloke?

Russian mafia :eek: :eek:

Your a lady chantelle.

You married ?? you never know if you play your cards right ?? ;)

:) only joking with you , see u later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back