Water heater leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My heater (Zip Aquapoint 111) is leaking from the area where the blue rubber is, what do I need to do to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Look at those lovely strands of ptfe poking out from behind the olive. pukka job there &)
Can you put that into plain English Dan, I'm assuming you're laughing at the workmanship...the guy who did it was a real cowboy.

Indeed. Really hate seeing ptfe poking out of compression fittings like that. Screams "crap job".

As said hopefully just need to remake tree connection to the water heater.

Indeed. Really hate seeing ptfe poking out of compression fittings like that. Screams "crap job".

As said hopefully just need to remake tree connection to the water heater.
This guy was a real chancer, a certain item went missing as well and we were blaming the builder but soon realised that it was probably him. Glad to get rid of him. I don't understand all your ptfe's etc but thanks for your help.

U normally use a half inch female iron (brass) to connect into those threads. Looks like a nut and olive has been used. Works but not the best way to do it. Although Flexi hoses are used quite often.

I'd check with the MI's - maybe there's supposed to be dielectric connectors to connect the heater inlet and outlet too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back