water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install water heater 8kW, separate circuit. Do I need put a switch between Fuse board and water heater?

another problem - 14kW water heater 3 phase,
this is 21A, how to find right fuse? in 17Th edition there are values for U=230V,where to find max earth fault loop impedance (Zs) for circuit breakers with U=400V

Sponsored Links
1. I want to install water heater 8kW, separate circuit. Do I need put a switch between Fuse board and water heater?
I believe one would be required near the water heater for isolation. You would probably have to use a 45A isolator for a 8kW load.

2. another problem - 14kW water heater 3 phase, this is 21A, how to find right fuse? in 17Th edition there are values for U=230V,where to find max earth fault loop impedance (Zs) for circuit breakers with U=400V
Don't know. Sorry!

I don't understand what your issue is with point two...

Uo is 230v regardless of whether it is a single or three phase circuit... so not sure why you think the max permitted Zs should change...

Uo is 230v regardless of whether it is a single or three phase circuit

that is the answer, I just wasnt sure about this
where to find max earth fault loop impedance for each MCB? in 17Th book
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What I saw today, this is CU, I tried to discribe this CU on my drawing. I have no experience on domestic installation, but something like this I saw first time.
What is protected by RCD?

What's the white box? Is it connected directly to the RCD, or to the main switch?

Also is it a plain RCD/RCCB or RCBO? How many poles is it switching?

What's the white box? Is it connected directly to the RCD, or to the main switch?

Also is it a plain RCD/RCCB or RCBO? How many poles is it switching?

main switch, 3 pole, RCD 2 pole
I dont remember now, there was difficult acces to CU,
anyway, there was not action when I pushed T - test

CU - see pic, look similar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back