Water Heating Alternatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My family are fortunate enough to own a small holiday home in norfolk. It has no central heating and budgets are tight but the immersion water tank is ready to be binned (we've had a few leaks where people haven't drained the tank and left it for a wee while..). We'd rather not have a standing water tank, having to drain it each time you leave etc and the problems that can occur with water systems being left for months at a time, drained in changing weather conditions etc.

So our thoughts (as we are about to get the electrics updated from the 1950's) turn to perhaps an instantaneous water heater. We only have a hand wash basin (located ~2m away) and the kitchen sink (located ~5m pipe run away) to feed. The shower is electric anyhow so looks after itself.

Ideally we'd have it in the same cupboard as the immersion tank is now, theres an electric feed (to be upgraded depending on the selected system) and all the water connections are there already.

Any thoughts, ideas and recommendations very gratefully received.

Thanks

Oli

Sponsored Links
You can get an under sink heater ariston do one about 8litres not too dear but need to be put in
Properly

Thanks for response.

I was looking for advice on the instantaneous heaters that can be used for the two points from the existing immersion tank location really.

Space in the kitchen (even in the cupboards) and bathroom is extremely tight and I don't want to have to install additional electricity runs into the kitchen or bathroom either.

So I have been looking at the ZIP DEX12 which can be run on single phase at 11.8kw. Will need a circuit breaker upgrade but that is in hand in any case. Its pretty expensive

Does anyone have experience of these and know whether it would be any good in this situation?

Thanks
Oli

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back