Water in dug foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My area suffers with water table. When it rains heavily water seeps through ground. I have dug foundations the water has half filled trench. Luckily my home is built on clay. I removed water last monday for inspection tuesday. He passed foundations.

Wednesday the water is back in trench not as much but enough. I spotted a drain leak into foundations. That leak is fixed. What would be the best course to take before concrete is poured in. Would it be a good measure to lay DCM in trench before pouring concrete. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
no d.p.m in the foundation trench.

does anyone remember a song from the eighties called no g.d.m, or no grave dark man?

If your trench has a soft wet bottom (!) you need to dig out the soft stuff just before laying the foundations. If you pack down a dry lean mix first and let it harden it will soak up a bit of moisture and give you a firm base to lay onto, and will not turn to mud if it gets rained or walked on.

If the water is coming from rain or drains don't finish the excavation in advance or the exposed subsoil will have time to get wet and loose again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back