Water in washing machine after cycle finished.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine.

Never did find the answer so just asking again.
Not always but now & then.
Cycle ends & I get washing out of machine. Everything is fine but sometimes I grab the washing for it to be dripping wet.
After removing the washing I normally would be looking at the drum with all the holes but I sometimes see water.

I’ve not moved the machine or pipe which allows water to drain so why even say 1 in 10 washers is there water in the drum.

I’m at the stage where now the cycle is finished I turn the dial to drain which helps but still some of the washing is soaked.
I can understand if I move the machine then yes I might of done something but nothing is different but water in the drum now and then after it’s complete.

Let’s say maybe a faulty inlet valve but then I don’t here anybwater entering the machine.

Sponsored Links
and they both do it?

1) try turning off the washing machine valves during the final spin. leave them off until you are ready to run another wash cycle. what happens?

2) please post photos showing the route of the waste hose from the machines, all the way to where it joins the waste pipe or the drain.
please indicate where the highest point of the pipe is (this is important) and how it compares with the height of the sink or anything else connected to the waste pipe or drain.

Sponsored Links
No
Forget the Samsung.

Unable to get to waste pipe but as mentioned nothing is change so when it works the pipe hasn’t been altered.

Sounds like pump worn out.
Lay machine on side and swap pump. Easy job and under £30 so worth a punt. Fixed mine. Took about 15 mins to do it.

You can open pump filter and shine light in. See if anything jamming pump.
Flick it around with finger to see if fan arms turn OK. Mine had elastic band around but every few washes through up error code.
Also was not running well enough to pump out all the water when it was working OK. They only last 5 years it seems anyway then start to slow

Ok
I will see if this machine has the filter that you can look in and see impeller pump as not all have them.
Just to mention, when I see water in the drum I turn the knob to drain and it works fine.

I will look anyway thanks.

Unable to get to waste pipe

try harder.

a very common cause is water running from the sink waste into the machine due to incorrect pipe route.

is it actually in your house?

Yes on my house.
The outlet pipe joins the sink waste at a steep angle so don’t see it going up the pipe.

where is the highest point, and how high above floor level is it?

photos would help a lot

Sounds like you might be having an unbalanced load which stops it going through the drain & spin cycle at the end of the wash. Have you watched it go through a full programme or just gone back to the machine when it's stopped.

Try cleaning cycle. See manual how to do or look online. With ours we have to hold down 2 buttons for 10 seconds to start and I pour in bottle of white vinegar or cleaning tablet from supermarket.

To test machine.
Use engineers program. That runs through everything in a few minutes. Again that will be online somewhere. Engineers don't stand there an hour waiting for fault to show. They know the secret button press to run through everything quickly hoping it was fail at some point

No
Forget the Samsung.

Unable to get to waste pipe but as mentioned nothing is change so when it works the pipe hasn’t been altered.
If you’re unable to get to the pipe how do you know it’s not changed?

Try cleaning cycle. See manual how to do or look online. With ours we have to hold down 2 buttons for 10 seconds to start and I pour in bottle of white vinegar or cleaning tablet from supermarket.

To test machine.
Use engineers program. That runs through everything in a few minutes. Again that will be online somewhere. Engineers don't stand there an hour waiting for fault to show. They know the secret button press to run through everything quickly hoping it was fail at some point
Helpful idea but unlikely to show anything with an intermittent fault.

My mum's Miele was giving her a F11 error code last week.

I removed the waste pipe from the spigot at the sink waste and then opened the flap where the impellor filter is and removed the cover.

I them started to blow in to the waste pipe. Black gunk came out with the water.

We then put it on a 90 degree wash, with nothing inside it.

It has been fine for a week now. I recommended running soda crystals through it on a high temperature wash once a month.

Anecdotal, but the advent of lower temperature washes seem to be leading to more gunk in waste pipes.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back