Water ingress via Chimney Stack and Firewall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I've had water ingress in my loft, so finally got access to the roof today and found some interesting bits.

There's cracks in the firewall, and also looks like some sort of repair has been tried. Whats my best option here? I'd really like to avoid re-rendering all of it as it's shared firewall.

IMG_834BE607FD1E-1 Large.jpeg

Half the houses round here have got acropol + painted on, but I see varying opinions on that...any thoughts?

Also, got a nice crack just where the hip ridge joins the chimney stack and one above it. Any suggestions for best way to repair this?

IMG_1548 Medium.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Can you post some pics showing the cracks in the context of the chimney stack and wall.

Blup

Acrylpol is great and works well. Whilst it does have some flexibility, the material it's applied to should be firm and not loose, and cracks stabilised or patched first.

@blup - picture attached. Best I could do with the wind we've got right now. The render certainly doesn't sound like it's failed FYI.

IMG_1588 Medium.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back