water leak - magtek filter? please advise (pictures attached) also regular low pressure worcester

check your safety discharge pipe outside - could be dripping

Sponsored Links
check your safety discharge pipe outside - could be dripping
Ah on that point there was a pipe outside but my builder said it looked horrible on the wall outside and removed it to be inside and he connected it somehow to a pipe inside ...

Ah on that point there was a pipe outside but my builder said it looked horrible on the wall outside and removed it to be inside and he connected it somehow to a pipe inside ...
That is probably your problem , if it is the pressure relief valve that is dripping that is where your boiler pressure is going

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Would I see that dropping ? From the pipe or anywhere near boiler .. I will have a look tokorow and see if there are signs

Sponsored Links
Would I see that dropping ?

I presume you mean dripping? Looking back through the thread, and your pics, looks like your discharge pipe still terminates externally. I’ve reattached your photo, edited. The circled part in red should terminate outside - it’s only a year old, it could debris be in the system or too much pressure may have activated it and not shut off correctly. Your builder I suspect has terminated the white condensate pie on the left internally.

Attachments

• 209A2BA4-389C-4615-B2F0-157DF8BC384E.jpeg
    209A2BA4-389C-4615-B2F0-157DF8BC384E.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 87
hey guys thanks so much, i used the sealing ring on both parts, the nut against the wall and the black circle nut screw.

the filter was suprisingly clean and i just empited the water from this and retightned.

all seems to be fine and no leak

only issue i have is the water pressure still goes into the red on the boiler. i did refill to 1.5 but when i put on the heating for the RADS it does seem to reduce.

the main thing for now is

*no leak
*radiators are warming up
*i have hot water

there is nothing else i need to do with the filter area right, not sure what the screw section is onto of the filter. the screw head fits a flat head screwdriver to turn....

thanks again
Where did you obtain the sealing rings. I have the same problem and would appreciate your recommendations ASAP to purchase these seal rings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back