water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a carpet down in my hallway and a concrete floor water patches are forming under my carpet could i have a burst pipe or is it damp can any body help ?ps just had a combi boiler fitted

Sponsored Links
sounds as if you have a leaking pipe, best get your installer back

COG said:
sounds as if you have a leaking pipe, best get your installer back
when he did the work he never went near the hallway ?

is your new combi a sealed system if so do you have to re set the pressure,

Sponsored Links
If he has used the old pipework from an open vented the pressure in the combi system will stress all the old joints and probably blow a few. If you have the old stainless steel pipe the pressure of a sealed system will blow them all!

my old system was all in the loft water tank .copper boiler etc all new copper pipes were fitted ? unde my stairs is damp and my hallway the plumber had to put new gas pipe running outside my house would this effect my damp proof course.thanks nigel

Gas pipe unlikely to cause problems. The pipe under the floor, is it a new pipe, or is it an old one? If old, is it connected to the heating system? If old, do you mean ALL new pipes were fitted?

i think there is a old pipe under the floor i can only thimk this is why i am gettimg wet patches under my carpet ?

You could pressure test the section of pipe underground if you can identify the entry and exit points, and make the connections as near as possible. You don't need large pressures, 10 psi would do, fill the pipe with water and see if the pressure drops.

had a bath this morning water under carpet felt warm ?

haven't got a dog have you? :LOL:

seriously, perhaps everyone is forgetting it may be a waste pipe that has fractured

Don't forget that water will find the lowest point. I recently kept finding a pool of water right in the centre of my kitchen. My first thought's were that we had an underground spring or burst pipe under the floor. It turned out to be a radiator some four feet away, with a small hole in the seam, the water had found its way to the lowest point, which was the middle of the kitchen floor.

Whatever it is,you still got to break up the floor screed and investigate even it maybe a damp problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back