Water marks on Wooden Kitchen Work top fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
So, we are in a rented house and have given notice to leave. However in our kitchen next to the sink we have a pot for putting cleaned cutlery in and, I think, it has caused the attached image to happen. Now I say I think as we have only been in there since May last year and 9/10 use the dishwasher. Nothing specific was listed on the inventory as this mark being there apart from Water stains near the sink. I would like to err on the side of caution when it comes to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• wt.jpg
    wt.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 1,138
Sponsored Links
Hot iron over tissue can reduce the stain, keep it moving, you have moisture trapped near the surface which the heat will release.
Would expect some wear and tear on a rental property.

Definitely a water mark but was it there when you moved in?
Likelihood is, the LL took photo's before you moved in as part of his inventory and evidence of any damage done when you leave.
Ithink the only way to remove it completely would be to sand it back to bare wood and re-stain/varnish but you probably wouldn't be able to colour match exactly. Maybe give it a light sand with fine glasspaper and then apply a few coats of a stain/varnish that matches the original colour. You could test on an inconspicuous area out of sight until you are satisfied with the match.
For future reference if you ever spill ANY water/liquid on a wooden worktop you must wipe it up immediately and dry with a soft cloth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back