Water meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
one question i forgot to ask guys, is can i actually change a connector on a water meter? there wasnt any ties on there like i see on some, ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
no not to bypass it, just because the connecter thats on there is leaking, and by the looks of things its been over tightend and the threads are nackerd

its weird tho
its in a toilet, a pipe comes from the floor, up the wall into the celin, across the celin, back down through the celin, across, to a meter or something, then back up to the celin and back where it came from,
it got a little pressure dial on there, and a dial with numbers on that goes up when u use water, so im guessing its some sort of meter, but there was no sort of ties or tags on there like u see on some water board meters

its weird tho
its in a toilet, a pipe comes from the floor, up the wall into the celin, across the celin, back down through the celin, across, to a meter or something, then back up to the celin

Do they really spell "ceiling" like that in Wales ?

well in school and college i would spell it like that, and some people would spell it celing, but both were accepted

ive just been reading up on some water bylaws and regs,

and the one says that from the time the water pipework enters your property via the service pipe, plumbers can do maintnence work on them as long as its correct and under regulations, so im guessing as long as i used approved parts, use the exact same fitting as whats there just a simple swap for a new one, that should be ok?

The way I read the regulations it seemed that all water supply pipework had to be done by WR certified people.

However, there is virtually no policing of the water regs except in commercial premices where they are likely to do annual inspections.

It may be technically incorrect what you are doing but no one is going to do anything about it.

Tony

oh right, ok thanks tony,

i don't no wether it would probably be classed as a comercial building, it was a office block that my brother works at, they asked me could i do it, i replied with yes i can do it, but i don't think im really meant to do the work on it, they just said well as long as its up to regs it fine, besides no one ever checks,

the work i done was up to regs and i used the exact same fitting that i got from a water meter almost identical to the one that had the leak, it wasn't the water meter fittings that was leaking it was the compression nut that tightened onto the meter connector,

lets say the did check it, and found out its not the same as the one they put on there ( which it is the same, but lets just say its not)
how would that effect me, what will the consequences be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back