Water on inside of roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been up into the loft to retrieve the xmas decs and noticed that the underfelt on one pitch of the roof had water droplets on the inside.

Just to explain that it's a pitched/tiled roof with underfelt and a north/south aspect.

It's the northern aspect that has the water droplets and they look almost like condensation droplets. I've had a feel into the gaps where the felt overlaps and it doesn't feel wet although I can't feel that far in. The southern aspect is completely dry.

Could this just be condensation or is it an indication of something more serious.

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It is as been said condensation so just make sure your eaves in the loft are not stuffed with insulation they must be kept clear for ventilation which reduces condensation it won't stop it.

I have cleared eaves and felt lined roof and have minimal condensation I'm afraid you have to live with it as you cannot completely stop it.

retired.roofer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back