New roof query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Due to the recent bad weather I think the roof needs replacing sooner, rather then next year. Think the water is coming through the felt covering the parapet wall and causing issues.

House was originally a 3-bed semi, but had a double storey side extension in the 70's with a flat roof. This is where all the problem is, and when I purchased the house I knew I would have to do the roof. Good tie to change from flat to pitched to match the rest of the house.

Dimensions of the roof
View media item 71388
flat roof as it stands
View media item 68045
Junction of flat roof to pitched roof
View media item 66573
Was first planning on stripping the whole roof and replacing all timber so that I could maximise loft space for possibly a future loft conversion, but the height is restricted, so this will never happen. I found the below image on google and thought this would be alot easier and cheaper.
View media item 71387
As there is no underfelt, I would want to strip all the slate, underfelt, re-batten and slate it.

Can anyone give me a rough indication on price. I know this can be hard, but have provided dimensions which hopefully helps.

Im hoping to get the drawings started in the next week or so, but have to work around tenants who live there.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back