Water pipe through foundations question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

just wondering what the correct method of dealing with the below water pipe in my footings. Should I shutter it off either side and lintel over? Just worried there isn’t enough to bridge over to on the other side. Or should I dig more out?
It’s only for bricking up a front up and over door for a garage conversion so won’t have much weight but need it to be right for building control inspection.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 867FA35B-4DE6-4552-9554-3980F1113AF3.jpeg
    867FA35B-4DE6-4552-9554-3980F1113AF3.jpeg
    665 KB · Views: 145
Sponsored Links
Me personally I'd send that pic to BCO & check whether they will be happy with a bit of slit gutter downpipe as a duct for the pipe - lintel etc would be overkill for that imho

A friend recently had some similar, BCO said down pipe around it (should it ever need to be removed), and small section of lintel over it if possible, if not then concrete over.

Excellent, thanks a lot both, really appreciate your advice. I'll get in touch with BC to check.

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
Me personally I'd send that pic to BCO & check whether they will be happy with a bit of slit gutter downpipe as a duct for the pipe - lintel etc would be overkill for that imho
That's what our BCO told me to do. Split a gutter pipe, cover it and pack the ends with clay soil.

Thanks Mottie, I've got them coming over on Monday to ask the question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back