water pressue and megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anybody can help. ..or have an idea about my water pressure problem

I had a totally new heating and water system installed about a year ago.
It’s a baixi mega flow with a valiant boiler.
This included a new plastic water pipe from the street to the house.
All was working fine for 10 months.

However, about 4 weeks ago when cold water is used in the house at two places at once. The pressure output drops drastically.

The main annoyance is when taking a shower and a tap or toilet are used anyplace in the house the shower literally just struggles to operate

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I expect that you have not bothered to have it serviced?

That would have checked the filter as Paul suggests.

Another problem is that with all the replacement mains water supplies in London there can be quite a lot of dirt incomming which can quickly clog filters.

Anyone working on unventeds needs to be qualified.

Tony

As it appears the OP's install is not 12 months old as yet, why would he have needed it to be serviced already :confused:

Sponsored Links
I wonder if anybody can help. ..or have an idea about my water pressure problem

I had a totally new heating and water system installed about a year ago.

Thanks in advance

I take size 44 !

If a system is not working then thats the time to get it serviced/repaired.

Tony

Get it serviced if it is a year ago, but also get your water pressure tested at the point where the main enters the building - if this is low then that's your problem. It must be at least 0.7 bar, the water authorities are not required to provide you with any more than that.

Fill a bucket from your cold water tap or outside tap with the shower running.. Measure the time taken.

Then fill the same tap from the bath with the shower still running.

If the time taken is longer with the bath then it's probably the blocked inlet strainer in the Megaflo.

If it's the same, assume the water flow rate has deteriorated to your property. There may be a leak in your road which would (hopefully temporarily) cause this, or the water company have turned down the pressure. They would normally inform you first in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back