water pressure advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - we are currently doing a barn conversion which when complete will give three dwellings on the end of a long run off the mains. The existing two houses already have trouble with water pressure so the addition of the third is going to give real issues (and seriously annoy the neighbours). Can anyone advise whether these water accumulators such as the grundfos would be worth looking at? we could go the bore-hole route but want to avoid that level of expense at the moment if possible..... ;) Thanks.

Sponsored Links
a cold-water tank in the loft, and a tank-fed hot water cylinder, and tank-fed cold bath taps, will enable you to serenely ignore pressure fluctuations.

That's why the British domestic water systems were designed that way.

A combi boiler, and mains-pressure bathtaps, will not fit the bill.

There is a better, but more expensive option, but I think the OP already knows about it.

Its the Grunfoss home booster kit. It stores about 100 li (?) of mains water in a potable tank and pressurises it to 2-3 Bar pressure to supply on demand to the property. About £800-£900 plus installation.

Very good though.

I saw DidItAll installing a 1400 li one a few years ago in London W11 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have a 60/80 gallon tank giving me 1 bar at the ground floor.

Cheap and simple.

Not drinking though.

Thanks All - Can you advise though if we go with these suggestions what impact will it have on the water pressure of the other two houses? - i.e. for example when the granfos/tank is filling I presume this will take the supply away from the other houses? The reason why I ask is that one of the houses doesn't have a tanked system (combi boiler etc) and so does suffer, and we wouldn't want to make things worst for the neighbours..... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back