Water Pump being installed in my bathroom Help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a water pump installed near my water tank (3.5 bar twin) and I want to know if I have to run a separate line from my fuse box or can I get away with a spur.. BTW I will not be installing myself but I have had conflicting advice on what is needed.

Sponsored Links
If the pump is in the bathroom then you probably need an RCD on the supply to it as well as having the switched spur outside.

If its in a locked cupboard in the bathroom then you probably dont need anything special.

Tony

If the pump is in the bathroom then you probably need an RCD on the supply to it as well as having the switched spur outside.

If its in a locked cupboard in the bathroom then you probably dont need anything special.

Tony

Thank you Tony - I have a child and cant afford for anything to go wrong (not that anyone can) :)

It may be connected to an appropriately fused spur... Any circuit where the cable is less than 50mm below the surface of the plaster / floor or is not encased within earthed metal trunking MUST be protected by an RCD. Which zone in the bathroom do you intend to place the pump? This is a job for a Part P registerd sparks, not a DIYer

Sponsored Links
It may be connected to an appropriately fused spur... Any circuit where the cable is less than 50mm below the surface of the plaster / floor or is not encased within earthed metal trunking MUST be protected by an RCD. Which zone in the bathroom do you intend to place the pump? This is a job for a Part P registerd sparks, not a DIYer

I am looking for it to be installed in Zone 2. I will check that it is protected by RCD. I have got someone to do it who is hopefully a registered sparks. Thank you for the advice, as you can see it is on my mind as I research at 2 am.

I am looking for it to be installed in Zone 2. I will check that it is protected by RCD. I have got someone to do it who is hopefully a registered sparks. Thank you for the advice, as you can see it is on my mind as I research at 2 am.

Don't hope that he is registered.... Check!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back