Water Pump constantly running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having some trouble with my Baxi solo, It now sparks up fine after changing the PCB board.
However the water pump upstairs in the cupboard stays on when the boiler is turned off. Now I,m guessing I have wired the boiler wrong could anyone shed any light ????? If someone could show me the correct way to wire it will save me blowing the thing up.

Sponsored Links
Chawnz said:
Having some trouble with my Baxi solo, It now sparks up fine after changing the PCB board.
However the water pump upstairs in the cupboard stays on when the boiler is turned off. Now I,m guessing I have wired the boiler wrong could anyone shed any light ????? If someone could show me the correct way to wire it will save me blowing the thing up.

you will spark up fine messing about with electric and dont know what your doing. p.s you are a good guesser

Okay here's what I ve got ...... Which goes where ??????

On the boiler side I have

To pump
PL

PN

EARTH
and the other plug is

SL
L
N
EARTH

Now of the four wires I have to fill these gaps which colour goes where???
Black Blue Brown and Earth. It seems odd that I have 7 gaps with only four wires to fill them ?????????

Sponsored Links
Ideal man said:
you obviously are qualified to part p, yes :?:

I gather everyone thinks I am a raving lunatic??!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not I just thuoght this would be the ideal place to get the answers i need !!!!!

Chawnz said:

the pump should be wired through the boiler

you need to know which is switched live SL i would GUESS black but thats all it is A GUESS

the other three should be obvious

you need a multimeter :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back