Water Restriction Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am just about to start a job in a very high end apartment block. One of the first things we need to do is fit a temporary hose tap for the site.

The Landlords Tenants Agreement states that if a hose tap is to be installed, it must be fitted with some kind of valve/meter that will not allow more than 10 litres of continuous flow. Once the 10 litres has been reached it will shut off until manually turned back on again. This is of course to limit the potential for damage to properties below should the tap be accidentally left running.

Does anybody know of such a device? I’ve tried searching online but don’t seem to be getting very far with it.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It's called a water block auto shut off valve - Needs a reset key

https://www.bes.co.uk/water-block-shut-off-valve-13756

water-block-shut-off-valve_min_13756_P_2.jpg

I bet it's not.
That looks like it will be loads of fun.

Or should I say - annoying as heck !!!

10l is not a lot, what are you going to be using it for? heck coming back to the tap every few minutes while be a right PITA.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the other suggestions guys.

Mattylad, I agree that this will be annoying but it is one of the conditions fir working in this building. It will only be for the hose tap supply that the plasterers/painters will use. They will he stood next to it the whole time while it’s running so shouldn’t be too much of an issue to reset it. And as I said before, it’s only a site temp.

Gasguru, that’s a good idea too. I may go with this option.

Thanks again guys, have a good weekend.

Can't you enclose it within a lockable container to prevent others accessing it?
After all - your not a tennant are you? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back