Water rushing noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I havea rushing water noise coming from what appears to be the rad flow pipe in one area of the house feeding a radiator, I have turned the pump down to 2 but the noise is still there.
I had a new 3 port valve fitted a few weeks ago and the noise seemed to start around that time, the pump sounds ok, and all the rad valves seem to be working well..
any ideas, the pipes do run under exposed floor boards would this amplify the sound and what's my next checking order?

A great New Year to all the forum meisters

Sponsored Links
when i said all is flowing well..... that was just from bleeding the rads the noise is still there!!

Sponsored Links
Turn one valve off on every rad except for the noisy one then run the system for 10 minutes with the pump on "3".

If that does not solve it then repeat with other rads as the open one.

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks for getting back to me, just unsure what you mean by the last sentence, about repeating as with other rads...can I be a pain and ask you to explain

Cheers
John

Turn one valve off on every rad except for the noisy one then run the system for 10 minutes with the pump on "3".

If that does not work then ask again!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back