Water Softener advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate some advice on the best type of water softener for the following configuration:
- I have an air-to-water air source heat pump which heats both hot water and heating
- Heating is part radiators part under floor
- Unvented with good pressure (4 bar+ and good flow) which is fed with an old pipe but I'm going to be doing an extension very soon so I will get 3/4" blue pipe feed which will probably increase this
- Following the extension I will have 3 bathrooms upstairs, 2 of which will have mains fed showers (other bathroom has legacy electric shower which is hardly ever used and probably won't be once the extension completed). Need to have sufficient water pressure/flow if the 2 mains pressure showers are running concurrently
- Water cylinder is to be located next to mains feed in and air source heat pump in new utility room
- Unless told otherwise will locate the water softener in the new utility room
There are many high flow/unvented system water softeners on the market so really want to know which is the best for my system for my situation?
Should I also invest in an accumulator or is this not required?
If so which one is the best?
Thank you in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back