Water softener for 1.4bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a watwr softener from BWT but then read it has a minimum
pressure requirement of 1.7bar so I would need a mains pressure pump.

Do you know of any other water softeners around the £600 mark that work with 1.4 bar?

Sponsored Links
Harvey Dualflo will work on virtually any pressure. It's a bit more than £600 though, but you get what you pay for

Sponsored Links
It's a superior product. Like I said, you get what you pay for.

Mains water pumps only pump up to about 1.5 bar and an absolute max of 12 litres per minute, to comply with UK Water Regulations. One 12l/min is exceeded, they switch off. You need some form of water storage if you want better performance than that. There are integrated solutions available, but they're also more than £600

2 hours of running water down a drain every night for its recharge cycle :eek: how much water is that chucking away!? Hope you're not on a water meter...

Harvey's one only takes 15 minutes to do the same thing, and only does it when it's actually needed rather than on an arbitrary timer

I’m not metered. I didn’t notice that! I’ll give them and Harvey’s a call on Monday to ask the important questions.

I went for the Dualflo in the end, thanks for the advice! It was just under £1000 all in.

For the overflow, can I just tee into the overflow for my boiler?

No, the overflow should be a separate pipe so you can easily identify which appliance has a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back