Water Stopcock Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched the forum and the internet to no avail...

I need to replace a broken cast iron water stopcock cover at the back of my house. I suspect it's the original from the early 1950s. It was originally hinged (the pins have long since disappeared so the cover is loose as well as snapped in half) and was marked with just 'WATER' on the cover.

It's currently sat in a wedge of ugly broken concrete which needs repairing soonish due to my 17 month old daughter's curiosity for putting her hands in places she shouldn't.

Are these covers readily available? Not bothered whether it's plastic, cast iron, galvanised etc. Just need a link or a supplier's phone number. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Not sure where you'd get one from, water board use the new plastic 'all in one' units now. My suggestion would be a sealed gulley top, available from any builders merchants.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back