Water Supply Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, mains water pressure dropped off dramatically at the weekend. All of our cold water taps are mains fed, and we have a combi boiler for hot water. The flow and pressure has fallen, to such an extent that we have to have really hot showers, as when the hot is on full (we have a mixer shower), turning the cold reduces the flow to the boiler so much that it turns off due to low water.

We have a common supply pipe with at least 2 of our neighbours, which given the age of the houses (c1910) is most probably lead. Our neighbours upstream of us have had no issues with the supply.

We have done a full survey of all internal pipe work and there seems to be no internal leak.

If, when Severn Trent come to see me on Friday, they inform me that a new supply pipe is needed, what are the rules concerning what other services can be in the same trench? The only access to the front of the house is an alley way through which the sewer runs, and i can imagine that there are rules governing the placement of water supply pipes in relation to sewers.

Any help is much appriciated.

Thanks for reading
Mikeey

Sponsored Links
It is not uncommon to see the water supply pipe in the same trench as the drains.

thanks nose- luckily severn trent have found the leak- an old leg that hasnt been disconnected that fed into my kitchen, and have offered me a free repair, which is nice!

Thanks for the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back