Water to summer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I want to run a water supply down the garden to a summerhouse and outside tap, about 30m distance from the house.

What's the best way to do this - 15mm plastic pipe (which I can do in a single run)? Insulation? Underground or above? Can speedfit fittings survive outside?

Am thinking that above ground would make it easier to see if there was a problem, whereas below ground could be less likely to freeze.

Grateful for any thoughts.

Mark

Sponsored Links
At the back of my mind, I think I remember hearing of a pipe able to survive being frozen without bursting. It had a flexible pipe running coaxially inside the pipe, filled with air. When it froze the air pipe would be compressed, rather than the main pipe being burst by the pressure.

Sponsored Links
1. elite123 has given you the correct way to do it.
2. If the summerhouse is genuinely not used in winter (say beginning of October through to the end of March, South of border) then:
2a. You could run it above ground using plastic pipe.
2b. One continuous run, no joins.
2c. Drain off provision at low points.
2d. Isolation valve inside thermal envelope of heated property.
2e. Well run with good support, e.g. clipped to the top of (almost) horizontal 2" x 2" timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back