Water Underfloor heating - which make

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking for water underfloor to install in our kitchen/dining area (around 30 sq m). Looking on internet and in local plumbers merchants there is quite a few different companies offering what sounds like a pretty similar product. They all offer similar warranties and prices are in the same sort of area.
I have also asked different companies why their product is better than competition - the only ones who could offer something was JG speedfit who mentioned they'll train your plumber to install it (which again doesn't comment on the product).

Is there any difference between all this UFH systems or should I only get the cheapest? I don't consider paying a bit extra for materials in this case a problem considering the cost of screed, installation and tiling but its hard to distinguish between what is out there and what is a premium product that is more likely to last a long time.

Can anyone comment?

Sponsored Links
HI .. I've installed 3 wet systems in the properties I've build last 4 years ... I've used polypipe kit for the manifolds .. and bought the pex pipe from Screwfix

... it can be very simple and cheap to design and install if you are JUST running UFH off the boiler .. but of you have radiators it gets more pricey

There is no boiler installed yet but its going to be combined - UFH in kitchen area, rads everywhere else.
Boiler we were going to use was 40kw Baxi Platinum.

Then it gets more expensive and you need a blender (to cool the water down to 50C for the UFH) and an extra pump for this circuit and all the electics needed .... polypipe also sell all this kit

.. I have only installed a totally UFH system, so can help eny more ... good luck

Sponsored Links
There is little difference between the kit. But its the design and installation which needs to be good if you want it to work well.

I hope you have learnt the pros and cons of UFH first!

Is 40 kW really the heat loss of the house? ( Is it 10 bedrooms? )

All UFH needs a pump and blending valve if its mixed with rads.

My friend has just fitted a 26 zone UFH system in his house.

Tony

40kw boiler was recommended by the plumber. its a 4 bedroom house so we were quite surprised but he felt anything smaller will be inadequate.

D Hailsham will be along after his afternoon snooze and he will explain that the only boiler size is that indicated by the whole house heat loss calculation.

There is little difference between the kit. But its the design and installation which needs to be good if you want it to work well.

I hope you have learnt the pros and cons of UFH first!

Is 40 kW really the heat loss of the house? ( Is it 10 bedrooms? )

All UFH needs a pump and blending valve if its mixed with rads.

My friend has just fitted a 26 zone UFH system in his house.

Tony
I thought that the blending valve is only required if you have an old boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back