Water went off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
im a spark who fitted a shower today, i fit them every other day with no problems whatsover, but this frickin house today...
The job was to replace a shower that was about 1000 years old, it had a feed leading into it from this old shower so the plumbing bit was already done for me.
All i had to do was fit an isolater to this piece of pipe which was no problem, as usual turned house supply off, fitted isolator on, pipe sorted.., old shower off, new shower on.
Tested shower, turns out thermostat gone on it, coz he got it off a (mate) from work....

Anyway thats not the problem im looking for advice on, the problem is is they have no coldwater running from basin and bath, apparantly there off the feeder tank upstairs, i got a call about an hour later telling me this, but i havent touched anything else in this house apart from turning supply water on and off??/ any ideas anybody

Sponsored Links
Cheers bahco,
excuse my limited knowledge, does this tank work on the same premise as say a toilet, whereas once toilet is emptied, the water comes in, fills up, and then ball valve stops water????
Reason i ask is, i am going to ring this customer up in morning and ask him to check things, was just lookin for bit more info..anybody else?? CHEERS

Exactly the same.

Also, check the valve you turned the water off is fully open and has not seized stuck. When you press the ball valve down it should allow in more water. :D

Sponsored Links
cheers bahco, rang customer this morning to explain what it might be, turns out he fixed it, ran a pipe between hot and cold, it ended up being air block...cheers anyway though mate...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back