pipe capped off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
couple of weeks ago i fitted a pump to increase pressure to a shower. I routed the hot water directly from the cylinder as per the instructions. Originally the showers hot water was fed from the same pipe that supplied the bath n basin. I removed the pipe section to the shower & capped it off. So now i have a 100mm pipe section, full of water, that goes nowhere. Is this gonna cause problems? salmonella legionaires or what ever!? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Gary, if you're not happy with the 100mm tail, remove it. Legionnaires is most active between approx 20 - 45 deg.c . The chances of this small dead leg becoming a breeding ground for anything is slim, but if you aren't happy, take it out :)

Legionnaires is most active between approx 20 - 45 deg.c . The chances of this small dead leg becoming a breeding ground for anything is slim...
But it seems likely that the temperature of the water in the dead leg will always be in the range 20-45°C. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back