Waterproof cement - looking for the right product(s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you look at the picture below you'll see that I had to take out a wooden window sill next to my shower as moisture/damp had started seeping into the plaster.

I intend to simply recast a new sill out of concrete by fixing plywood sheet to the wall and fill the empty space. I have been advised to use waterproof concrete and need some recommendations.

Homebase is right next to my workplace so I am keen to pick up their Cementone rapid set kit. But if I do, I will need to add a separate waterproofing agent.
Can you guys please tell me what I need to look for? (Don't trust the staff in Homebase…)

Or if I have to I will have to travel a bit further to Screwfix and pick up a Cementone Rapid setting Waterproof Cement. Sounds OK?

All advice appreciated.

View media item 44768

Sponsored Links
As far as im aware, homebase dont stock waterproofer. And even if they did i would assume that it is hugely overpriced along with 99% of their stock.

I would go with the screwfix option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back