Waterproof insulation board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a quick question,

I am planning to line my bathrooms external walls with insulated plasterboard but 1 of the walls will be in the shower area, do they do something like aquapanel bonded to insulation? if not what are the options, I don't really have the space for the wooden frame option.

I am thinking that I could bond the aquapanel to the insulation myself or just bond the insulation to the wall then screw through to hold the aquapanel?

or

is there any waterproofing stuff that is tried and tested to waterproof standard insulated plasterboard?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

I have a quick question,

I am planning to line my bathrooms external walls with insulated plasterboard but 1 of the walls will be in the shower area, do they do something like aquapanel bonded to insulation? if not what are the options, I don't really have the space for the wooden frame option.

I am thinking that I could bond the aquapanel to the insulation myself or just bond the insulation to the wall then screw through to hold the aquapanel?

or

is there any waterproofing stuff that is tried and tested to waterproof standard insulated plasterboard?

Cheers

No need to do any bonding, although a bit or adhesive may be useful to hold it up as you work.
Just sandwich the insulation board (celotex etc) between the aquapanel and the wall.

Best to avoid plasterboard in a bathroom, but it can be made waterproof with a tanking system. I have used bal wp1 successfully before (not cheap !)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back