Waterproof Wired Doorbell Push

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any decent, neat, small waterproof (or at least splashproof/IP44) wired doorbell pushes? We used to have a great solid brass Friedland solid brass at our previous property, which never rusted inside so I assume it was waterproof, but it doesn't seem to exist now.

Our current west facing property has a crappy plastic Friedland/Bryon black+white type, which I've replaced twice in 5 years, it's now completely rusty again inside due to water ingress. All the ones online from the usual suppliers look the same, and none mention they are sealed or waterproof.

It's only a thin doorframe and needs to be surface mounted, so this rules out anything large and industrial looking like the fully weatherproof IP66 type grey switches you can get from tlc-direct (like MK and Timeguard), not that they would fit in with the decor anyway!

Any recommedations?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Watching this thread with interest, as keen to fit something similar at my place - the bell push MIGHT last two weeks before it fills up with water, if I'm lucky(!)

Sponsored Links
9EC70E2C-BBE7-4F39-A414-9EAC67284061.png

The original technistore button came with a flat 20mm plate with the 20mm stainless steel button attached , you would have to drill a 25mm hole to recess the button and lock nut ...

Yes, a liberal smearing over the contacts and also a bead around the edge of the back before mounting it.
I fitted one in a similar fashion to my first house on the second day of moving in, just a basic brass architrave style bell push, and did this to it. It was still working perfectly when I removed it 10 years later and fitted it to my next house. Re-did the vaseline and it was still working 6 years later when we left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back