Waterproofing Bi fold doors advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed these bifolds but need advice on how to seal the underneath where the frame sits. Pics attached

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170205_162334.jpg
    20170205_162334.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 361
Sponsored Links
Pics added

Attachments

• 20170205_162337.jpg
    20170205_162337.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 192
Trim back dpc
Seal gap with sealant
Glue/tape a bit of small quad along (smooth anthracite grey)
Seal again giving double seal

I hope they're face drain??!!

Sponsored Links
I opted gor no cill.
Thanks dhframes but whats a quad?
By face drain fo you mean weep holes to let out water?

You should have weep holes on the front of the frame, this is your drainage.
Google "UPVC quadrant trim"

You would of been better of going down half a brick and having a sill

I know a cill would have been better.
There are weep holes along the bottom frame.

The quadrant idea sounds good. Like the idea of a double seal. Thanks for the help

If you seal along the face of the frame and the holes are on the bottom water will get back into the internal floor, you'd be better of buying a cill and dropping a brick course. Anything else would just be a bodge and you'll get problems later.

With no cill, no sealent will help you now. Its not even been bedded on anything.

Get a small aluminium pressing made, gun up the joint and slide the pressing underneath

So, you had it base drained, and didn't make any provision for the water draining out of the base to run into something that would discharge it to the outside of the building?

Interesting.. I dare say the others are correct - the doorset should be removed, a sill attached with drain holes in the correct place, the brick height shortened (if there is no room at the top to accommodate the increased height due to the sill) and the door reinstalled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back