Dear Experts,
I have a lorry converted into a camper which has a roof which is 8m x 2.5m. 80% is white fibreglass the front nose being aluminium making up about 20% of the roof. The edges are aluminium curving round to the lorry sides. I no longer drive this around but is useful as storage and extra sleeping space when the house is full.
It has developed some small leaks and it is impossible to say where it’s coming from. I have previously sealed a leak around the log burner chimney using a liquid rubber pain but it couldnt do the whole roof this way.
Des anyone have any suggestions how to do waterproof the whole roof? Could I cover the whole roof in EPDM roofing rubber? Would EPDM glue / bond to the existing old fibreglass? Would EPDM bond to the aluminium roof section at the front and the curved edging? If so what glue would one use??
Or does anyone have an alternative suggestion / alternative?
Thanks everyone.
Euron.
I have a lorry converted into a camper which has a roof which is 8m x 2.5m. 80% is white fibreglass the front nose being aluminium making up about 20% of the roof. The edges are aluminium curving round to the lorry sides. I no longer drive this around but is useful as storage and extra sleeping space when the house is full.
It has developed some small leaks and it is impossible to say where it’s coming from. I have previously sealed a leak around the log burner chimney using a liquid rubber pain but it couldnt do the whole roof this way.
Des anyone have any suggestions how to do waterproof the whole roof? Could I cover the whole roof in EPDM roofing rubber? Would EPDM glue / bond to the existing old fibreglass? Would EPDM bond to the aluminium roof section at the front and the curved edging? If so what glue would one use??
Or does anyone have an alternative suggestion / alternative?
Thanks everyone.
Euron.
