Waterworks problems - howling when I run 2 taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst running 2 taps at the sametime, or one tap and flush the toilet I get a howling sound which I cannot for the lifer of me locate, but it's loud. What's happening? thx!

Sponsored Links
resonance I think.

when did the problem start. :?:
Presumably we are talking about cold taps served by the mains and not a tank in the loft. :?:

try turning the service valves under the taps and loo (screw driver slot) if you have these.

thanks for trying to help! pressure seems fine. The problem started quite a few months ago - may even have been when we had a 2nd toilet installed. It certainly much worse now, it's very loud. I had a Belgian plumber look at it and he simply couldn't figure it out.

Sponsored Links
Could be very high flow rate through a partially closed valve. Check that the mains stopcock is fully open.

you could try clipping the pipework more securely to the wall

could it be that before your plummer fitted new toilet your main stop cock from the mains was just undone slightly so not to much pressure running throu taps after he installed he prob turned stop cock on full so now you have lots of pressure hense all the noise try just opening a cold tap and setting a good steady flow with your stop cock and see how you go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back