Wax on blanket after its been washed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP ! somehow my son got wax on his favorite blankey ... it\\\'s a fleece one. it\\\'s been around for just about 8 years now and we definately need to find a solution to this one. he apparently left his blanket \\\"B\\\" lay near a bowl that was on my candle warmer, the wax soaked up into the blanket, not knowing exactly what happened but only that it needed washed, well by washing it made it worse, it has spread through out the blanket now. do you think if i had it professinaly cleaned it could be saved ? Willing to pay whatever it takes to get this fixed for my little man ! Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Try putting brown paper on the wax, then using an iron (not on steam) iron the paper, the wax should lift off onto the paper.

Brown paper over the wax with a warm iron, the idea of the brown paper is to soak it up.

Sponsored Links
i wll try that, good idea ... but the wax somehow has seemed to soak into the blanket, its not that its in a big clump or anything, but when you feel the blanket it feels flexible but yet hard to the touch ... hard to describe. it can't be scraped or picked off, as it is soaked into the blanket. but i will try the brown bag ... thank you

MollyPollyPocket said:
i wll try that, good idea ... but the wax somehow has seemed to soak into the blanket, its not that its in a big clump or anything, but when you feel the blanket it feels flexible but yet hard to the touch ... hard to describe. it can't be scraped or picked off, as it is soaked into the blanket. but i will try the brown bag ... thank you
Maybe something like a small steam gun, I have one of these but I don't know what you have available in your country.
images

The iron/brown paper usually works, if you think the wax has worked into the fabric then be sure to do both sides repeatedly until you've soaked up as much wax as you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back