WB Greenstar 35HE high pressure problem

That makes sense, Thanks.
Can I save some of the system fluid by shutting the rads and just draining the pipework and leaving drain cock open as i repressure the ev?
Do EV's often lose pressure without actually failing?

Since you have been losing pressure ( water from prv ) and draining system several times , the amount of inhibitor left will be questionable. Drain as much as you like but buy a litre of inhibitor to put in once you have sorted your current problem out.

Sponsored Links
Thought I would put an update on my boiler problem.
Boiler is now working :):):)
Many thanks to Terryplumb, as well as everyone else who offered assistance. Following the extra advice to help me understand that the system needed draining I closed the rads bar one which I opened and then drained pipework and that rad via draincock below the boiler so that boiler had zero pressure.
I also left draincock open whilst then pumping up the EV to 0.8bar, ON A GAUGE DIRECT ON EV.
Then closed system, topped up to 1bar, opened up rads and switched on to test.
Pressure rose by 0.5ish bar as usual, settled and carried on without issue......issue solved. :)
Then stuck some fresh Fernox F1 back in and running smooth.

Thanks for everyone's advice, really appreciated, thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back