WBP Plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is "WBP Plywood" a synonym of "Exterior Plywood"... or can you buy interior WBP and exterior WBP ?

Also is Marine ply worth the extra cost?

I bought some 18mm WBP Wisa Spruce, but it doesn't really look that good quality. It's to lay in the bathroom instead of the floor boards, as I'm going to install underfloor heating.

Sponsored Links
WBP is fine, lay rough side up if you're tiling it.
You mean electric underfloor heating?

No, wet underfloor heating. Why would this make a difference?

I want engineered wood floor throughout, even in the bathroom.

WBP plywood has an external bond, or a class 3 gluline.

It is no longer current termonlogy, but still widely used. I think wisa spruce has a class 3 gluline, so is fine for your use. check that it does (it should be stamped if its good ply with the bond class).

Also is Marine ply worth the extra cost?

Why, are you building a boat?

I bought some 18mm WBP Wisa Spruce, but it doesn't really look that good quality.

As Deluks says, should be fine for your use.

Sponsored Links
Why, are you building a boat?

Ha, no. I thought it was overkill to install Marine ply but I've had advice from various sources about using this and over engineering (i.e. not being cheap with my materials).

It's quite stressful for a DIY'er, as even the pro's all have a different opinion. How am I ever supposed to decide on something.

I'll look into the WISA Spruce I bought and check if it's to that spec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back