Structural Ply bathroom flooring

Sponsored Links
The link has no relevance. The ply they use is top quality.
Its relevant if you want a high quality base for your bathroom that will last a lot longer than 20 years.

Sponsored Links
Fair comment; I’m all about quality & my aim is that my work will last a minimum of 10 years with an extended life of 15 or more with minimal maintenance. But, personally, I’m not sure even I would want a bathroom to last more than 20 years, it would end up too outdated!

15 years isn't that long.
My bathroom was fitted 32 years ago by professionals and I hope it lasts another 50 at least.
Back in the ole days people made do and didn't fret over things becoming outdated and the times we are heading into means the same outlook will be adopted once again.

The reason for the long length is that Bigboi has the floor up and can see where he is screwing down, thus avoiding pipes and cables. And, given the "pulling-up" power of sheet materials esp. below tile thin-set adhesive, long screws give a little insurance.
And, as Richard says, prepping the board is a sound, and necessary practice.

There is no reason. And what is this "pulling up" of sheet materials.you could use 200mm screws, but they would be no stronger than a 45 mm screw.
Please advise sensibly or not at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back