WC cistern makes funny glug glug noises when filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new bathroom installed and the WC is the new-fangled type (to me anyway) which has a button thing for flushing the WC fitted on the top of the cistern. It in two parts, and I am led to believe one is for a short flush and the other is the full works.

When the cistern is filling up, you not only get the usual sound of the cistern filling, but a glug glug glug noise which sounds like a lager lout on a Friday night. :LOL:

I cannot get the top off the cistern to investigate, and would rather leave it alone as I don't want to cause any damage, but would be grateful if somebody would tell my what this funny noise is, and whether it is normal.

Sponsored Links
It is not normal, but I doubt it will do much harm. If it annoys you, get the installer to look at it.
I always advice against trying to do any diy on things that are under warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back