WC flush pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a leak on the connection point between the flush pipe and the WC pan. I've used plumbers putty, but because the water keeps on dripping the putty doesn't stick.

Is there another way I can stop the leak?

Sponsored Links
hajima said:
Is there another way I can stop the leak?

Plumbers are quite good at it :D

If you REALLY want to use 'Putty' then go to B&Q. Look at the Plumbing Section for:

EVO-STIK plumber's mait® quick leak repair putty.

It seals even in water. Turn off the water at the stop cock first and then flush the loo. This'll take the pressure off and allow the stuff to seal much better. Once its set, turn the water back on at the stop cock.

Not the nicest way to repair but it'll do it.

Thanks Blasphemous.

What would be the nicest way to do the job?

Probably rubber washer perished. Dismantle, replace and re-assemble but i don't know your competence.

Sponsored Links
Having read your original posting I'm beginning to think it may not be what I originally thought.

Can you explain further or even better, post a picture of the joint in question?

I'm afraid I dont have a digital camera at the moment. I'll do my best to describe the problem.

The flush pipe which is connected to the cistern is fine, but the problem is when it is going in the back of the toilet. Basically the flush pipe has been pushed in through a circular rubber seal. This rubber seal is part of the toilet. The leak is just a drip. I have tried plumbers mate putty from B&Q, but it doesnt stick well. I'm not sure whether I can use silicon, but I reckon it would be the same problem as the putty.

Ah now I think I've got it (i'm a bit slow on the uptake you know ;) )

The rubber seal you describe is a Flushpipe to Pan Connector.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm?url=http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/096.asp

Type in Flushpipe to Pan Connector in the Product Search box. Then click on the first link on the list that comes up. A page will appear and you'll see them about half way down that page. Part Number 11205 or 11206.

You should be able to get one at B&Q hajima.

Hope that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back