WD 420 Washer drier : Communication Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, having some issues with my washing machine, downloaded a manual found my fault [F12] No communication between cards, check module connections....

Im guessing this is the card behind my control buttons start stop program select etc and the card on the bottom left next to the motor ... i have found on the internet both module cards but total price is over £100 and there is no guarantee that it will solve my issue, anyone else had this problem and am i missing something? The other thing is before i looked at it the wife said it would not do anything and i noticed the door lock light would not come on when trying to start it up, but if you hold the cancel button all lights came on so the LED is fine so i thought its not getting the signal for door lock as the door was locking and unlocking but no LED to show this. then after searching internet for manual i found the error code list and when i checked it was giving me F12...

So question is, if anyone knows any other ideas other then replacing both module's as she's six years old and had many self repairs over the years i think with the sales here id sooner upgrade then spend over £100 and hope if fixes her

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks, i have checked the brushes already as i had seen someone post something similar in another topic, the brushes seem fine i removed and there's still plenty left and still good tension on the spring pushing it down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back