We smelled gas in the cellar - called Gas Emergency Service *VIDEO*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some years ago gas was found in a house 200 yards away from the nearest gas pipe.

and the water table in the soil around the leaky pipes.
yeah i know its an everyday occurrence with outside gas leaks

Sponsored Links
sorry for late reply.. if I remember correctly it was an unusually a blustery day and there are three walls which make a U shape around the flue - so it's feasible that the wind hits the wall and pushes downward . So I'm edging towards the wind blowing gas from the flue.

FYI haven't smelt it since

sorry for late reply.. if I remember correctly it was an unusually a blustery day and there are three walls which make a U shape around the flue - so it's feasible that the wind hits the wall and pushes downward . So I'm edging towards the wind blowing gas from the flue.

FYI haven't smelt it since
FYI total *******s, never happened

Sponsored Links
well that is a possibility - maybe my sense of smell went AWOL!
Or maybe you think that some of us on here with extensive experience of investigating, reports of smells of gas , can smell shoite !!!!!

Or maybe you think that some of us on here with extensive experience of investigating, reports of smells of gas , can smell shoite !!!!!
You've rumbled me.. such a clever chap.

My plan was to con the guys on this forum into thinking that I smelled gas in the cellar. And then basque in the glory when my plan came together - I think my motivation was that I could laugh at everyone who fell for the con. Little did I know we have our very own Columbo on this forum. You're too clever for me @ianmcd.. my next post was going to try and get you to send me your account number but you've rumbled me.

@ianmcd A clever chappie like you must have loads of GCE's. Some times you have to just admit to being rumbled - I tried to con you and you were just too clever for me. Well done Sherlock. I wish you were the prime minister, you're such a bright spark (y)

The lady doth protest too much!
That's all that springs to mind!
You must admit that @ianmcd is a borderline genius.. I mean who else has the investigative skills to determine that someone lied in a thread so the he could errrm make money out of it?!? I'm struggling with coming up with a plausible motivation for lying but surely @ianmcd knows - we have our very own Stephen Hawking. Grace us with your pearls of wisdom @ianmcd

@ianmcd youve figured out it was all a lie - but why lie on a diy forum? Can you please explain - I'm stuck on that one. God put your big brain on earth for a reason - to expose frauds on a DIY forum; dont let your talents go to waste. Enlighten us. You sir are a gentlman and a scholar

Last edited:
You must admit that @ianmcd is a borderline genius.. I mean who else has the investigative skills to determine that someone lied in a thread so the he could errrm make money out of it?!? I'm struggling with coming up with a plausible motivation for lying but surely @ianmcd knows - we have our very own Stephen Hawking. Grace us with your pearls of wisdom @ianmcd

@ianmcd youve figured out it was all a lie - but why lie on a diy forum? Can you please explain - I'm stuck on that one. God put your big brain on earth for a reason - to expose frauds on a DIY forum; dont let your talents go to waste. Enlighten us. You sir are a gentlman and a scholar
Ad hominem.

Not terribly helpful

Hello again Adam, will you never just give up,here is your chance please prove by saying anything factual and allow me to prove you wrong,not a big challenge, just prove me wrong in anything that I have posted, shouldnt be hard I haveover 8000 posts so tell me where I am wrong ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back