Weather Quality Control.

WoodYouLike said:
It started snowing again this morning at 6.30 am and it hasn't stopped yet!
Same here in the SE and it's getting heavy, supposed to be a dry day today :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Woke 06:30 hrs to some flurries of Snow and -1°C.... appeared to move into a steady state downpour, then abruptly stopped ... fields across valley were 80% white ... nothing to be seen now.
What a funny old winter we westerners are having ... chilly but not white thankfully ....
;)

Honest, these are not black and white pictures. Took them halfanhour ago.
Yesterday the snow was almost gone from our garden and now this !

Sorry, can't seem to make the pictures work ;-( I'll try again.

wintermarch2.jpg

Yeah, it's working! Just measured the amount that had fallen already since 6.30: 19cm (that's almost 8 inch for the Emperials ;)

wintermarch3.jpg

and

wintermarch5.jpg

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
Well it's getting boring! Snow, snow, snow for more than a week now!!
Only rain and sleet was predicted for today, with a some change of snow later today.
It started snowing again this morning at 6.30 am and it hasn't stopped yet!

I can now confirm that our resident Dutchman has fully integrated himself into the British society... he is obsessing about the weather as much as the rest of us! ;)

By the way, sleet here. Not rain, not snow. MAKE YOUR MIND UP, WEATHER!

I woke up this morning to find that I had been snowed in... by about an inch of snow! :LOL: Seriously, the roads have ground to a halt. After sitting there for 10 minutes and moving about 2 car lengths from the end of my road I realised by the time I got to work it would be about 11am (hardly worth it on a Friday), so thought "S*d it", and rang in to work.

It is unbelievable just how much chaos a little frozen water can cause in an area that just isn't used to it.

Boy am I in for some ribbing on Monday! The man who got snowed in by an inch of snow! :LOL:

AdamW said:
.........Boy am I in for some ribbing on Monday! The man who got snowed in by an inch of snow! :LOL:

I should think so too !! Only 4 miles or so away - a mere hop and a skip !! Of course if you now look at the junction you'll find everything running smoothly ;) ;)

Yup, it's smooth again! D'oh! :LOL:

I think I made the right choice, we have a flexitime system so if I had gone in then I would be working until after 7pm to make sure my flexitime balance didn't go down my massive amounts.

At last, a use for my 4x4 !! Hurrah, let's go find that X5.

Sponsored Links
Back