Weather Quality Control.

Ever since Michael Fish got the hurricane thing wrong the weather men seem to have gone over the top and can't seem to forecast antything right these days. Are they worried about compensation claims?

For two nights on the trot our forecast has been for heavy snow, last night they told us it would be worse than the weekend when we had about 1" of snow. Woke up this morning expecting the worst... not a flake had fallen. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've got my fingers crossed, "Snow snow snow SNOW, dammit!"

I shall have a snowball fight this week, I shall. :mad:

Supposed to be sunny here today, snowing like crazy. Unfortunately me 'n' the boy are laid up with 'flu at the moment. :(

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I've got my fingers crossed, "Snow snow snow SNOW, dammit!"

I shall have a snowball fight this week, I shall. :mad:

Best come to Kent then. 7cm so far and still going strong ;)

Southern most tip of extended Cotswolds ...
12-15 hrs ... Slight overnight dusting .. all gone, dry as a bone, patchy cloud cold..... :p

in the north east today there was loads of fresh snow this morning with occasional snow showers.have seen quite a few brass monkeys though with the usual "ee by gum" "grim up north" "wheres me whippet & flat cap"
northern weather. :p

08-15 hrs Aqua Sulis ... -1°C and most snow yet !
Can see shades of green in the fields across the valley.
Untreated local roads merely wet.
A steady, gentle, fine snowfall at present ... pretty well as forecast.
Hazy sun in SE sky.
Hey ho back to bed !!
;)

About an inch and still snowing. Yipee, 'flu almost gone, going to build a snowman with the kids this morning, well ok, a snow dwarf :LOL:

kevplumb said:
update according to the forcast we should be in a foot of snow

reality its drizzling not even a frost :LOL:

You're still in the shower mate -- wait 'til you emerge ! :mad: :mad:

Been snowing all day, road are covered with slush at just about freezing point. I reckon those roads are gonna be treach... tretc... tretcha.... bad tonight.

Still snowing in Welford, but main routes are all clear. Schools are shut and I suppose the binmen will cry off again :(

Quite strange, leaden sky, almost continual tiny flakes, all whitness now gone, just wet .... Guess we'll be in for the Ice later :cry:

4" of snow on car this morning in Derbyshire. Kids off school and sledging which is good for them as when at school after it's snowed they are not allowed to throw snowballs and are not allowed outdoors at breaktimes!

Sponsored Links
Back