Weather Quality Control.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of the Met. Offices continuing desire to offer a good quality, accurate service, I am keen to hear from residents across the country about their weather. Have you got any? Is it wet, dry or in-between? Do you have a translucent liquid falling on your house, or is it a fluffy white semi-frozen substance? Or somewhere in-between?

Do let me know!

This is T-I-C, I know, but every time the forecast comes on for the NW, it is never accurate...

Sever weather warning, blizzards, ice, snow, flooding? Nah, blue sky and a bit of a chill...

Where's all the nasty weather gone?

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
every time the forecast comes on for the NW, it is never accurate...
The weather forecast in the SE is pretty accurate :!:, and if you noticed on the weather map, it's always the warmest part of the UK :D I'm not far from a little town called Great Wakering which is the driest place in the UK which hardly have any rain and that properly why we are lucky. Oh er, I think I said too much, now then lads I don't want you selling up and moving near me ;)

masona said:
securespark said:
every time the forecast comes on for the NW, it is never accurate...
............... I'm not far from a little town called Great Wakering which is the driest place in the UK ..........;)

Hey Maso did you know ? The 'N' was shifted 5 places to the right as the place dried up ! :D :D :D ;)

08:50hrs Tues 22/02/05
A tinkling of snow about Aqua Sulis over night, nowt really ... 15 mins ago twas blue sky, now some larger fluffy bits billowing around from non too thick clouds, no problem -- but then do not have to drive 50 miles or even leave the house --
Getting me dosh's worth now, how crazy we are, spend relative fortune on a house and hardly spend time in it !!
Send it down Moses ...... :D :D :D :D

We had some of the white stuff last night, but only a smattering, which really only settled on the fields and backroads. Northamptonshire BTW. Nice blue sky and crisp today.

Sponsored Links
1/2 an inch ~15 miles from Milton K -2 degrees, cold spot though. Lowest we've had was a couple of years back that was -10 C

mainly blue sky a phew fluffy clouds sunny and cold here on Bodmin moor which is in Cornwall my lovers.

kevplumb said:
allegedly we where getting a blizzard last night

not a spot

in the N E

See what I mean?

In the good old days, weather were proper weather. None of this namby-pamby stuff!

AND the forecasters gorrit right!!

Yew missed the best 'un -- 62/63

Gloucestershire was more like the Arctic in one of the bitterest winters the county had ever seen.
The big chill started with frost on the night of December 21-22, it started snowing on Boxing Day (Scotland had a white Christmas and the cold front moved south) and the freeze lasted until early March.
Whole villages in the Cotswolds were cut off by snow drifts, some of which were more than 30ft high - and Ozleworth was isolated for three weeks.
At Waterly Bottom, near North Nibley, 400 sheep were buried, and feed was dropped to them by helicopter.
At one point the temperature was recorded at -15C, and a blizzard on December 29 deposited around six inches of snow which led to huge drifts, some as big as 30 feet.
The average temperature that icy winter was -0.3C (31F) and the January average was -3.1C (26F), and an astonishing five million cubic yards of snow were moved from Gloucestershire roads.
Can remember walking on snow which was level with hedge tops .. Watching as branches snapped and fell from trees laden with ice -- no salting then either !

Anyway, still dry here, but I look into the north east running valley opposite and I can see misty curtains of snow falling, as I type fine, swirling snow is now falling here ... visiblity is less than a mile. Now wet outside so icy tonight and morning !! Every year about this time we get a dump or two ... Roll on March.
I am going out to the garage now .. I could be gone a very short time ! ;)

We've had the odd flurry pretty much every day for the last week here in the northernmost reaches of Hertfordshire.

Woke up to an inch or two of snow on my car, and about an inch on all the grass. Roads were fine, not due to gritting (as they don't grit mine). Have had a few flurries during the day but alas, no chance of a snowball fight after work.

We would have had a proper covering of snow, except I came to work with a big warm sleeping bag in my car, a full tank of petrol, lots of layers of warm clothing and walking boots on in case I need to walk home. S*d's law in reverse: I'm fully prepared, so nothing can go wrong. :cry:

I'm hoping for a heavy blizzard overnight, if the roads are impassable then I can ring in and go sledging with my mate round the corner instead. :D

oh joy, landscaping a garden at the moment, just reached the critical stage, check the 5 day forecast on the web with the postcode from the met office...nah youll be alright, sunny 6 degrees no hint of snow. Well thats two days wrong then! watched all the reports over the weekend, every forecast was different! To cap it all i cant lay the turf even if it was warm and sunny, as it comes from suffolk and theyre snowed in! :mad:

20 mins later 16-40 hrs, and, the sky is blue, can see all the way to the moon, large in the East ... and beyond !
Visible clouds are motoring West at a fair rate tho' ....
:evil:

Thermo said:
...........To cap it all i cant lay the turf even if it was warm and sunny, as it comes from suffolk and theyre snowed in! :mad:
Don't forget, "GREEN SIDE UP !" ;)

oh bugger thanks pipme.....wondered why it was so easy to mow! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back