Weather...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Great British tradition of people talking about weather....

When is the weather going to turn nice?

This time last year we had paddling pools out in the garden, half a dozen bbq's had been and gone, I'd cut the gras a fair few times etc etc.

This year I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and it just seems to be never ending rain, day in day out. Today's been a mini hurricane (slight over exaggeration for those idiots on here who seem inept to understanding humor) down my street, keep thinking the office window was gonna blow in.

The garden is currently looking like the Amazon rain forest and could seriously do with the bushes being trimmed,

It just not dry enough to do any of it.

I've spent the dry spell in the winter doing my decking and pergoda ready for the warmer weather, maybe I've cursed it by doing so..

Sponsored Links
It only rains when I open the doors & wheel the BIG machine out for a nice ride.

I am the rainmaker.

I've spent the dry spell in the winter doing my decking and pergoda ready for the warmer weather, maybe I've cursed it by doing so..

I thought it was me that caused it, phew! We had the nice, dry of April, so I got the grass cut a couple of times and it was looking quite respectable, so then we thought get the summerhouse and shed painted. Part way though, the rain began. I have been out between the rain, doing it in bits and bats and finally got the final bits done yesterday. The grass has been growing, the only day it was fit to trim, the tractor had a flat tyre and needed a tube. That was delivered yesterday, but now its so wet out there I'm sinking in just walking on it in wellies.

Sponsored Links
Lawnmower? I've got a (pull cord) Honda.(y)

We've got a petrol driven electronic Hyundai. Set the choke, push the button, pull back the choke and away you go. :)
You only have to set the choke the first time you start him up, (my wife calls him bBig Dave as the robotic mower is Little Dave), and then he fires up without it when you need to stop.

The weather has been really oppressive today.

I'm doing some Siberian larch vertical cladding on a big new build - its over 8000 linear metres. Spent all day up and down 3 scaffold levels.

Just about to lock up and Mrs Mottie asked me to get some plants that she bought today out of the boot of the car and put them in the garage. This lot. :cautious:

C1FE250E-129A-4F29-ADC4-D636FBEE0869.jpeg

**** knows when’s she's going to be able to plant them!

Dry but too windy here on Thursday afternoon for any work up high, so I cut all the grass in the afternoon.
I started strimming round the edges (all of them, usually takes a couple of days!) yesterday morning, but only managed to complete a fraction before the showers started, and the wind hadn't let up.
Not so windy today, and no more rain predicted for the morning, so I'll try and do a bit more before the rain returns this afternoon.

Dry but too windy here on Thursday afternoon for any work up high, so I cut all the grass in the afternoon.
I started strimming round the edges (all of them, usually takes a couple of days!) yesterday morning, but only managed to complete a fraction before the showers started, and the wind hadn't let up.
Not so windy today, and no more rain predicted for the morning, so I'll try and do a bit more before the rain returns this afternoon.
Whereabouts are you in France, it sounds similar weather to hear.

Whereabouts are you in France, it sounds similar weather to hear.
About 400 k south of Bournemouth.
It makes a general difference of about 2 -3 °, and although we often get the tail end of UK weather systems, occasionally we get the full force of stronger winds. The Bay of Biscay being notorious.
The recent weather pattern is an example. We've had slightly less strong winds, less rainfall, and slightly warmer.
I'd say the cold seasons are usually a couple of weeks shorter, and the summer a couple of weeks longer here.
And we never get snow, hail a couple of times, but any snow just doesn't settle.
Even in the winter I'm sure the grass carries on growing!

But yes, it is similar weather to sunlit uplands.;)

Wednesday. Blocking anti-cyclone moving on. Better weather coming through.

Sponsored Links
Back