Weatherproof socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If using the correct spec cable to supply power to a garage from the house CU to a CU in the garage(not the Screwfix type) the cable which is in two sections because from the garage it runs under ground for ten feet then terminates two foot up the house wall, the cable from the house CU then meets up with the garage cable, Question, can a weatherproof outside socket be used to connect the two cables together,

Sponsored Links
if the outside socket has enough cable space and your cuircuit is breakerd at 32A i can't see why not

i don't generally reccomend putting sockets on cuircuits rated above that though

Need more info.

What cable are you using?

What is at the mains end of that cable?

How big is your cable?

How big is the protective device?

What is the loading on the cable?

in short, no, but i also agree with securespark, particularly loading on cable

Sponsored Links
If I don't use a weatherproof socket will a weatherproof connection box surffice to connect the two cables together, the reason i'm joining the cables is because I have recently moved house and the armour cable was already in place from the garage to the house the cable going under ground, cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back